My Alliquippa Highlights and a Secret Revealed!
* My secret hiding place? There was this rock, a huge one, to the right of the dock, near the beach path I think--it's getting foggier in my mind--anyway, when I wore a dark sweatshirt and put the hood over my head and nestled in the crevice of the rock, nobody ever found me. I hid there for like two or three years of hunts! The hard part was not moving when I was getting bit by mosquitos.
* vacuuming stairs
* playing tennis doubles with Nick and learning how to let him take most of the shots
* sleeping in the bow
* Tim Ullman
* crushes on guys you could ask to dance with & they were so nice I got to dance with them! slow!
* sucking at volleyball but not feeling bad about it
* TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD at the barn for movie night
* ROTCH CROTCH
* digging for clams & getting stranded at Sewall because of the tide
* hitting rocks with the Pintail, was it?
* going on a "survival" trip, feeling the painful & humiliating effects of low blood sugar, eating PB & getting sent home early (my choice) to find out I wasn't dying but I was miserable
* Peggy Peacock singing Joni Mitchell
* Ricka Wolman playing Hall & Oates
* pretending I was an oldtimer because I'd been there two years
* TWO MINUTE showers (with hair washed!)
* THE BRISTOL STOMP
* feeling embarassed, stupid, loved, rejected, accepted, belonging, weird, teased, talented, and appreciated
* Ted Vogel
* Sydney's blueberry pancakes!!!!!
Return to Home Page