8:15 a.m. First bell (indoor only)
8:30 a.m. Second bell - breakfast (indoor only)
11:00 a.m. - Bell for end of work hour; beginning of instruction time (indoor and out)
12:45 p.m. Bell for end of instruction/first bell for lunch (indoor and out)
1:00 p.m. Second bell for lunch (indoor and out)
2:00 p.m. Bell for rest hour (if inclement weather/early rest; otherwise, bell for activities)
3:00 p.m. Bell to end rest hour (if early) and start afternoon activities; usually indoor and out unless no one was out
5:30 p.m. Bell to start rest hour (normal days/nice weather) - indoor and out
6:45 p.m. First bell for dinner (usually indoor only unless late returnees)
7:00 p.m. Second bell for dinner (usually indoor only unless late returnees)
8:45 p.m. Bell to begin planned evening (indoor only) unless none planned
More Bell Trivia
* The bell also could be used to begin and end rounds in outdoor planned evenings (i.e. Relievo).
* First and second bell could be delayed 15 to 30 mornings on foggy or rainy mornings. This would generally not ripple through the rest of the day.
* First and second bell for lunch could sometimes be 10 to 15 minutes earlier on Wednesday and Saturday to accommodate sailboat race and committee crews.
* The specific timing of second bell for dinner was in the hands of the kitchen crew. Second bell could be held if dinner was not ready.
* No breakfast bells on Sundays - breakfast anytime 8:30 to 10:00 AM.
* Lunch bell could be early Sundays (Noon) sometimes. Coincident with inspection hour/early start on big afternoon activities (e.g. Bald Head Hike)
* Special Event Days could vary everything (e.g. Fourth of July, Windjammer Day in Boothbay, etc.).